Firefighters battle Droitwich home blaze - The Droitwich Standard
Online Editions

17th Aug, 2022

Firefighters battle Droitwich home blaze

Droitwich Editorial 24th Apr, 2015 Updated: 17th Oct, 2016

FIREFIGHTERS had to battle a blaze in Blackfriars Avenue which ripped through the ground floor of a semi-detached house.

The fire began in a downstairs utility room about 5.30pm last Thursday (April 16).

It was caused by an overheating tumble dryer.

Two crews from Droitwich isolated the gas, electricity and water mains and used hose reels to fight the fire.

Ventilation equipment was used afterwards to clear the smoke from the house.

Digital Advertising

Advertise on the Droitwich Standard to boost your online presence.

Recruitment

Find a career you'll love with our free career finder website.

Announcements

Weddings, Birthdays, Bereavements, Thank you notices, Marriages and more.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Droitwich Standard.