Fire which broke out at Droitwich home was caused by tumble dryer - The Droitwich Standard
Online Editions

9th Aug, 2022

Fire which broke out at Droitwich home was caused by tumble dryer

Droitwich Editorial 17th Apr, 2015 Updated: 17th Oct, 2016

FIREFIGHTERS had to battle a blaze in Blackfriars Avenue which ripped through the ground floor of a semi-detached house.

The fire began in a downstairs utility room about 5.30pm yesterday (Thursday).

It was caused by an overheating tumble dryer.

Two crews from Droitwich isolated the gas, electricity and water mains and used hose reels to fight the fire.

Ventilation equipment was used afterwards to clear the smoke from the house.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Droitwich Standard.

Digital Advertising

Advertise on the Droitwich Standard to boost your online presence.

Book an Advert

Book your newspaper advert with our online advert creation tool.

Reader Travel

Check out all of the latest reader travel offers to get your hands on some free gifts.